Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.3.2 Update. (113 MB) Installation requires first installing the 14.3.1 update. According to the update’s description it addresses one security issue and includes multiple bug fixes.
The update addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook for Mac that could allow Internet-based images to be downloaded without the customer’s consent. This would allow the site to know the message has been received and viewed.
Additional fixes address:
- An Outlook issue where contacts created in x500 format did not work. This would primarily apply to Outlook users in a directory services environment such as Exchange and Active Directory.
- An Outlook issue where Gmail Bcc recipients were not retained when a message was saved as a draft.
- An Outlook issue where word contractions with a single quote would be flagged as misspelled.
- An Outlook issue where users could not open other users’ Exchange shared folders in a Kerberos environment.
- In Outlook, adds a UTC+0 without DST offset to the list of available time zones when creating a calendar event.
- An Office 365 issue where the Offline Address Book (OAB) was not updated correctly.
- A VBA macro issue with Save As to align with the Windows VBA behavior.
- A Word crash when scrolling with Track Changes enabled in a large document.
- A PowerPoint issue that would leave screen artifacts after using a transition on Mountain Lion systems running NVIDIA cards.
Users should quit all Office applications and web browsers prior to updating. This update is also available via the Microsoft AutoUpdate application. Select Check for Updates from the Help menu. It is also available for immediate download.