Microsoft released 14.3.0 SP3 on Tuesday, January 29, 2013. This is a free updater for Office for Mac 2011 users. This updater requires Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 or later to be installed.
- Meeting invitation times are displayed inaccurately in Outlook for Mac Fixes an issue that causes meeting invitation times from non-Exchange calendar servers to be off by one hour during certain times of the year.
- Slides in collapsed sections cover other slides in Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint for Mac Fixes a display issue that involves collapsed sections in Slide Sorter view.
- Hash tags (#) in hyperlinks aren’t saved correctly in PowerPoint for Mac Fixes an issue in which hyperlinks that contain hash tags (#) aren’t saved correctly.
- Crash occurs when you use Paste Special with a partial table in PowerPoint for Mac Fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint to crash when you use the Paste Special option to copy and paste part of a table.
- RTF text that’s saved in PowerPoint for Windows can’t be pasted into PowerPoint for Mac Fixes an issue in which RTF text that’s saved in PowerPoint for Windows can’t be copied and pasted into PowerPoint for Mac.
Before updating 1) backup the Microsoft Office 2011 folder in Applications and 2) backup your Main Identity folder in Outlook
1) Create a backup of the Microsoft Office 2011 folder in Applications using a clone or Time Machine backup. You can also zip the folder in Applications by Control-Click (Right-click) on the folder and selecting “Compress” to zip. This way if you experience any problems from the update you can simply replace the folder with the backup.
2) There are no database upgrade changes in this update, but again, backup your Identity for good measure in case of odd issues you might experience. Your Identity is located in Documents.
~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/your identity
You can check modification date on the database file in your Identity to see which Identity is the one most recently modified.
After updating RESTART! You don’t want to get “there is nothing to update” and have to re-install Office again.
Download SP3 14.3.0 directly or use Microsoft AutoUpdater under Help in the Menu bar. All browsers must be quit as well as syncservices and the Microsoft Database daemon. Use the Activity Monitor to quit or use the easy way:
- Launch the Microsoft AutoUpdater under Help and select “Keep in Dock”.
- Log out under the Apple in the menubar. When you Log in, hold down the Shift key. This disables all login items including the hidden ones.
- Select the MAU in the Dock and download the suggested updaters.
- Restart RECOMMENDED
- Open your Office applications under About Word, About Outlook etc you should see the version number 14.3.0.