Note: I’ll update this after it’s totally clear what this offer promises. I’m not sure if you get the next version of Office for Mac or Office 365 (one year subscription) free. I’m not even sure everyone at Microsoft is on the same page about the offer details. (Nov 1, 2012)
Please read all the details and save all receipts. We often have users that don’t meet requirements and then find the offer is no longer active. When you get your download installer, MAKE a COPY!
Note: I found the instructions to be a bit confusing since it includes Windows info. I found it was easy to get sidetracked to a Windows link.
Qualifying Office Products
- Office for Mac Home & Student 2011
- Office for Mac Home & Business 2011
- Office for Mac Home & Business 2011 – Military Appreciation Edition (available in the U.S. only)
- Office for Mac University 2011
The offer involves three steps:
- Buy Office today: Purchase, install, and activate a qualifying Office product during the offer eligibility period.
- Sign up for an email reminder: Visit Office.com/offer and enter your email address. Microsoft will email you when the new Office products are available.
- Get the next version of Office free, when available: When you receive your email from Microsoft, follow the instructions and redeem the Offer at Office.com/offer. See offer eligibility requirements for what is required during the redemption process.
The Office Pre-Launch Offer has two distinct periods:
- Eligibility Period – from October 19, 2012 to April 30, 2013: You must purchase, install, and activate your Office 2010 or Office for Mac 2011 product. You may sign up at Office.com/offer to be notified by email when the products are ready for download.
- Redemption Period – from the availability dates of the new Office to May 31, 2013: If you signed up, you will receive an email from Microsoft when the new Office is ready for download. You must redeem the offer at Office.com/offer within the redemption period.
This link will answer all your questions.
Office for Mac 2011: these versions are available (prices may vary) Purchasing via our links helps support this site.
• Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 – 1 Pack $159.99 (Includes Outlook. Only installs on one computer)
• Office Mac Home and Business 2011 – 2 License Pack $192.99 (Includes Outlook. Only installs on 2 computers)
• Office Mac Home and Student 2011 – Family Pack (3 Licenses) $109.99 (Does not include Outlook. Only installs on 3 computers)
• Office Mac Home and Student 2011- Single License $89.99 (Does not include Outlook. Only installs on 1 computer)
• The Trial version of Office 2011 is now available, but it is the full retail price if you buy through Microsoft Store. It can be upgraded with a retail CD Key where the trial for Office 2008 could not be upgraded with a retail CD Key.
• 1 pack only installs on one computer
• 2 pack only installs on two computers
Previously, you could install on your desktop and laptop but were restricted to using only one computer at a time. If you want to install on both you must purchase the 2 pack.