The new 11.6 inch Macbook Air has a 1366 X 768 resolution and the minimum system requirements for Office 2011 requires a 1200 X 800 resolution screen.
Office 2011 will install. Apple stores have it installed if you want to check it out. Be aware that the overall Mac Office ‘experience’ could be different on the lower resolution.
One user reported:
Excel opens a window that goes below the screen. Click the “+” button then resize as you wish. Works for me.
If you have installed, please comment to share your experience.
Minimum Requirements Office for Mac 2011:
- System Requirements: A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later (Leopard or higher) 1 GB of RAM or more
- 2.5GB hard disk space
- 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- Safari 5 or later recommended