Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition has launched and is now available on Mactopia. Because EWS final release requires 12.2.1 to be installed, it’s currently only available for English and Japanese users. (If you don’t use Exchange you don’t need this update!)
Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition uses Exchange Web Services as the primary protocol to communicate with Exchange Server. In addition to several calendaring improvements, this new version of Entourage synchronizes notes, tasks, and categories with Exchange Server. This update also enables logging that can be used for diagnostic purposes. For detailed information about this update, see the IT Pros section of the Microsoft Web site.
Requirements & Update Help
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Connectivity to Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580) or later version.
- Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580) must be applied to both the Mailbox server and the Client Access server roles.
- Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 Update
Install EWS Final Release
In order to install the final release,
- Completely remove your beta build of Office 2008/Entourage, Web Services Edition
- Reinstall your licensed version of Office 2008 for Mac
- Update to SP2 and the 12.2.1 release that just recently came out.
- Users with original DVDs will need to update to 12.1.0 before updating to 12.2.0
- Once you are fully up-to-date, you can download the Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition release build
Verify your update
To verify that you have installed this update, you can open Entourage > About Entourage to check the version number. The other Office applications will still be v 12x.