We have had reports from Entourage 2008 Exchange users, that emails and events are showing up as folders. The developer that is working on this problem is not able to reproduce and suspects it might be database corruption. He is asking for your help. If anyone that is experiencing this problem can provide a database for testing, please contact me via the comments. If you can’t provide a database, please send in the answers to the questions below.
[Note: This problem was never fixed in Entourage 2008. Options to fix. Create a new Identity and let Entourage 2008 connect back to your Exchange account. DO NOT REBUILD! This can make it worse and problems can sync back to server. or 2) Upgrade to Outlook for Mac 2011 to resolve this issue.]
He is asking these specific questions of folks who have experienced the problem:
- Does this repro on Exchange 2003 only, or has anyone seen this on Exchange 2007, too?
- Is your Entourage identity configured with only 1 account, or do you have more than one account?
- Did the problem happen after a rebuild or an update?
If you are experiencing the problem, could you please try creating a new Identity and let your account sync. If the problem goes away, let us know. If you have done a rebuild of your Identity, and tried after that to create a new Identity did that work?
- Version of Entourage you are using e.g. Entourage 2008 12.1.2
- Version of Exchange server. e.g. 2003 or 2007
- Version of OS. e.g. 10.5.5
- Type of machine. e.g. MacBook, iMac