Mac users in Exchange environments have sounded off that they are sorely disappointed with the lack of Task and Note syncing in Entourage 2008 as well as other features that Outlook for Windows users take for granted.
In the thread “So does Entourage 2008 sync Exchange tasks and categories?” customers are SHOUTING at Microsoft for lack of feature parity with Outlook and many are saying they have no reason to upgrade to Office 2008.
So, what can they do?
First, always send Microsoft feedback by using the Help –> Send Feedback tool in any Office application. Find out why this is important.
Second, this week MacBU developers, product managers and others are making appearances in the Microsoft public newsgroups and answering questions. They are also asking questions as well as looking for people who are discovering the major bugs and reporting them.
Lead Program Manager for Entourage, Andy Ruff, responded in the thread with this for Exchange users:
“It would help us to know which Exchange features you’re interested in for Entourage so that we can prioritize them with our development.”
As a Microsoft MVP I will get the opportunity to travel to Redmond this April and speak with the Office:mac product managers and developers. MVPs are advocates of the customer and we try to express your frustrations and needs on your behalf. But we need to know your thoughts.
My Exchange priorities are in order of importance:
- Sync Tasks and Notes
- Support for setting all server-side rules
- Keep attachments with calendar events
While these would be nice, I don’t need them:
- Sync categories
- Ability to hide folders “On My Computer”
- Ability to easily switch between a front-end OWA server and back-end server on a laptop
- Support for files in public folders
- First available time button when scheduling a meeting
- GAL look-up support outside of a company network
- Side-by-side calendar views for me and my delegates
What’s on your list? Please comment below.